Get your wellies ready ladies and gents, its festival season!!
OK so im gonna give you the low down on some of the great festivals happening this year and of course I’ll let ya know when they’re on!
- Forbidden Fruit 29th-31st May in Dublin, with the Wu Tang Clan playing on the Saturday it’s a must see!
- Slane Foo Fighters 30th May in Meath
- Bulmers live at Leopardstown music and racing festival 11th June- 13th August. With this running for so long there really is no excuse to miss out!
- B.A.R.E in the woods music and arts Co. Laois 13th June
- Body and Soul Westmeath 19th June-21st June. With so many cool bands paying and of course the extra entertainment like the Masquerade Ball it’s a must.
- Marley Park Dublin 3rd-4th July. Technically it’s not a festival but with Avicii and Paolo Nutini playing it’s guaranteed to pull big crowds!( and it is outdoors so it counts:-))
- Longitude Dublin 17th-19th July. Acts such as Hozier, The Chemical Brothers are going to pull a huge crowd at this years festival and will make it a great one to go to.
- Castlepalooza Offaly 31st July- 2nd August.
- Doolin Beer, Bluegrass and Roots festival 21st- 23rd August Clare. With great Craft Beers available for the try and obviously some amazing bluegrass music going to be played, I’m pretty sure this one I will be attending!
- Electric Picnic 4th-6th September. I have to say Electric Picnic have an amazing line up this year ( I look forward to them beating it next year) bands playing are Florence +The Machine, Jurassic 5 and Blur and some spectacular artists such as Sam Smith, FKA Twiggs, Yasiin Bey (AKA Mos Deff,one of my fav rappers of all time!) and can we just take a minute to appreciate this last one…. Grace Jones:-o!!!!!! This is deffo one for the full 3 days!
So with all the dates and what nots out of the way with! What’s the makeup situation!? It’s not very often we get to go mad with our makeup but on these occasions we totally can! Dont worry about buying headbands, do it yourself and use makeup! For these festival looks it’s really quite simple. Go a bit mad with the eye colour, I mean it’s summer after all and then to jazz it up like you would with a headband why not get out some face paints and cotton buds. Colorful lines and dots are great for these types of looks so go to town on them!
Let us know what festivals you’re heading to this year, and don’t forget, get creative! 😉