Hello beauty babes!
I’ve decided to do a series on some of our favourite brands on where they have come from, how they’ve grown and some of my favourite products from them! This week we are starting with the super cool Urban Decay! Widely known now for it’s cult Naked Palette, Urban Decay is a baby in comparison to the other well known brands.
Founded in 1996 by Sandy Lerner and Wende Zomnir in California, USA. The two forged a pact to revolutionise the cosmetics industry, which led to nail polish mixing sessions in Wende’s Laguna Beach bungalow. David Soward was the business manager and so the brand was born. The range soon got a reputation for being fashion forward with it’s colours and funky packaging. Tired with the pinks, reds and beiges on offer from the mainstream brands, Urban Decay started a colour revolution. With it’s finger on the pulse of alternative culture it promotes beauty with an edge whilst having many vegan products and also cruelty free brushes (which is a big tick in my book!). Another highlight of this brand is the price point. Starting at E15 for high quality products it will suit most budgets!
MY TOP PRODUCTS FROM THE BRAND:
- Canonball Mascara – This is my favourite product from Urban Decay and I feel is hugely underrated by the press and bloggers. This is hands down one of the best waterproof mascaras on the market. Not only is it tear proof but it adds fantastic volume too. It has tiny fibres that build volume and length which I love.
- Naked Palette – You couldn’t talk about Urban Decay and not mention this. Probably one of the most popular products ever, often copied but never emulated.
- Eyeshadow Primer Potion – This is another favourite in my kit. I love MAC Paint Pots for priming, but find them to cakey for dry or older skin. This on the other hand is perfect. It is lightweight yet stops your eyeshadow creasing.
- 24/7 Eye Pencils – These are supurb, they just don’t budge! Also there is a fantastic range of colours, wish I could have them all!
- All Nighter Setting Spray – As a teenager with oily skin I was always looking for products that would help my makeup stay without looking cakey. If only I had discovered this wonder product earlier I wouldn’t have had to suffer!
I hope you enjoyed this little insight to behind the brand! Do you use any Urban Decay Products? Do you have a favourite?
Lots of love,